19 Dec 2016

Top 3 of 2016 - Video Games

This year I'm keeping the list short and easy for my favorite things that were released this year.

Today will be video games. Now I've been playing some video games all year and not as many as I'd like to play but I've really come to enjoy my time in these places.

Honorable mention is: MWO (MechWarrior Online)

I just started playing this game this fall and I really jumped into it. It's been fun and I wish I had more time to play this rewarding online team shooter. I have a post on my experience with the game that has been in draft format since September so maybe 2017 will kick it out of the door.

Number 3 - Dishonored 2

I'm not finished this game but wow is it good. Great atmosphere, great sound, brilliant graphics, and a sense of level design that continues the better levels and mission design from the previous game and it's major DLCs.






Number 2 - XCOM 2

I did not play enough of this game and yet I loved playing this game. I have not spent enough time with the last two DLCs but so far it has been a blast to play. The whole idea of running a resistance group, once again interesting thanks to Star Wars: Rogue One. I love sneaking up and pulling off an ambush. The story is well told. The development and mission types are improvements from last time. The level of detail for custom characters is once again great. XCOM 2 will go down as a favorite of all time.



Number 1 - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

So I played the crap out of this game. I played it on the hardest difficulty and I beat it on my 8th try. I got right to end and go into a unwanted firefight and almost had to restart as I waited for an elevator! I had to say that Iron Man experience was one of the best of my life. Once I finish Dishornoured 2 I'll probably play a few more rounds of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.


- Cheers

Dozer