4 Aug 2016

GENCON 2016 - prologue

Well today was a long drive down from Ottawa, ON, Canada into the alternate universe that is the United States of America. Seriously my southern neighbors are so familiar and at the same time so different it's creepy.

So I showed up at Ontos's place at 0630 in Ottawa and loaded up the car.

Loading the Car at Ontos's house.
I picked up Ontos and we scooted to a McDonald's and grabbed some coffee with some breakfast before hitting the road. We drove and crossed the boarder into this strange realm called the Unite States of America and drovefrom 0730 for 5 hours solid before our first break. The rest of the day until we arrived at 2045 in Indianapolis, IL, USA was filled with four more quick stops, getting stuck in rush hour traffic in Cincinnati, and driving through the most boring state I've encountered Pennsylvania.

The Hotel is... ok. I've been in worst. The shower has only two temperatures hot and fucking hot. The room cards have an Dominos' Pizza add but alas they won't deliver after dark for security reasons. Otherwise the hotel is dark and the food come only from a vending machine - the restaurant is only open on weekends.

Painting Kit pulled out and set up
I pulled out my new portable paint kit which is 90% of all my painting supplies and worked with Ontos to get our various minis ready. I built my Domaru Butai and I'll spray them and finish painting the rest of my gang tomorrow after I add a few more pieces...

It's 0026 and I've got to be up by 0600 to raid the hotel complimentary breakfast before driving down to the Convention Hall for day one of the 49th GENCON.

- Cheers

Dozer